air conditioning WARRANTY CONDITIONS
Effective from 1 October, 2018
This warranty supersedes all other warranty forms of an earlier date or undated
Effective from 1 October, 2018
This warranty supersedes all other warranty forms of an earlier date or undated
1 . YOUR RIGHTS: The products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits conferred under this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the Australian Consumer Law.
2. MIDEA WARRANTY:
2.1Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Midea warrants that it will repair free of charge for parts and repair labour or, at its option, replace the products as specified below where such product is defective by reason of faulty workmanship or material, free of charge for labour for: i.five (5) years on split wall mounted systems, split ducted systems, cassette systems and standard multi head systems (Non VRF) in both residential and commercial applications. ii.two(2) years on portable air conditioners in residential applications or two (2) year in commercial applications. iii.five(5) years on window type air conditioners in residential applications or two (2) year in commercial applications. iv. two (2) years on dehumidifier in residential applications or one (1) year in commercial applications. 2.2This warranty is limited to the products with an output capacity of below 18 kW. 2.3This warranty covers replacement products or parts provided under this warranty for manufacturing defect for the remainder of the period of warranty for the product into which they are replaced, incorporated or applied. 2.3The warranty on the above listed products is only valid if used solely for human comfort. Any usage requiring continuous operation of the product, and/or not intended for human comfort such as for cooling of machinery, wine cellars etc. will void this warranty in its entirety. 2.4The warranty period begins from the date of purchase of the product by the original owner from an authorised dealer of Midea.
3. LIMITATION ON PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY: Any form of unauthorised modification and/or adaptation made to the product(s) deviating from the specifications and/or the intended use of the product(s) shall void this warranty in its entirety.
4. CONDITIONS: This warranty: i. covers the products described herein which are distributed by Midea and purchased from an authorised dealer of Midea; ii. covers where the said products have been installed by a person/company which is certified or licensed by the relevant Federal and/or state authorities to carry out installations of air conditioners and having provided such licence number(s) issued by the said authorities; iii. applies where the said products have been installed and used in accordance with the instruction on the unit or in the relevant instruction manual; iv. applies where the original proof of purchase in the form of a receipt issued by an authorised dealer of Midea is presented when requesting a Midea warranty service; v. is void in the event of any service undertaken by an unauthorised service centre or any tampering of any nature in respect of the said products by an unauthorised person; and vi. in the case of split ducted systems, applies only to the Midea fan coil and condenser. Commercial warranty period applies subject to the Midea fan coil and condenser receiving a documented annual service inspection and function from a qualified air conditioning service company. This service must make sure as a minimum that all gas levels are correct and that all electrical connections, evaporator coils, condenser coils and fans both internal and external are in good condition. Return air filters must be maintained and are the responsibility of the owner in both domestic and commercial applications. Any service call-out for service where it is detennined that the problem lies with associated duct work, zone controllers, dampers, wiring etc. which have been provided by a third party or poor design of the same resulting in noisy or poor air distribution will not be covered under this warranty. In this instance the owner is responsible for all service call-out fees and onsite costs of the service technician incurred for rectifying the issue.
5. SERVICE: For Warranty Service, please contact Midea at 1300 726 002 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance. i. The product covered by this warranty will be serviced during normal business hours, by an Authorised Midea Service Centre, free of charge for parts and labour. ii. In the event that the product or part of the product has to be returned for repair to Authorised Midea Service Centre, the owner is responsible for all transport and travelling fee, and transportation insurance cost incurred. iii. A travelling fee will be charged on service calls outside the area nonnally serviced by Authorised Midea Service Centres if the distance is more than 25 kilometres. iv. In the event that the owner is not in attendance at the address notified to Midea or its Authorised Midea Service Centre during normal business hours and an appointment has been made with the owner for the provision of service, additional charges may be made at the prevailing rates for each service made or attempted. v. Save for the costs specified in this Condition 5, this warranty does not otherwise cover the cost of claiming under this warranty. All other costs and expenses incurred in claiming under this warranty, including forwarding and return freight costs, will be at the owner’s expense.
6. EXCLUSION: 6.1 Subject to the owner’s rights referred to herein, Midea hereby excludes and disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law any and all other liability in respect of the product. 6.2 This warranty does not apply: to any damage to paintwork, metal framework or finished trims of the product caused by weathering, rain, hail, storm, flood, fire, salt, corrosive materials and corrosive environments. ii. if the product is installed in a moveable dwelling, caravan or boat. iii. if the product is installed in a factory, workshop, kitchen, garage or any other location where the air quality is particularly dusty or polluted and measured to be in excess of what could be considered normal in a domestic or office environment. iv. if the product is reinstalled during the period of the warranty at any location other than the original location. v. to any damage caused by abusive usage of the equipment and any damage to removable parts due to mishandling. vi. to filters, batteries, power plug, leads, glass panels or plastic accessories, appearance items and cabinetry, or other appearance items except where they are defective at the time of original sale and are reported within the first seven working days. vii. to failure arising from accident, misuse or negligence to properly connect and operate the product in accordance with the accompanying operation manual. viii. to failure arising from installation by a person or company not fully licensed to carry out installations on air conditioners, and failure arising from improper installation of the product (note warranty condition 4(ii). ix. to failure arising from any tampering, alteration, or attempted servicing of the product by anyone other than Midea or its Authorised Midea Service Centre. x. to failure arising from lack of reasonable maintenance of the air conditioner (for example, regular cleaning, replacement of filters etc.). xi. to calls to attend or request for service in respect of any adjustment which could have been performed by the owner or from problems relating to external power supply. xii. to product where the serial number is removed or defaced. xiii. to any product in transit or when in possession of Midea or any other party where insurance shall apply. xiv. to failure arising from wildlife damage, power surges, connection to incorrect voltage, voltage fluctuations and external electromagnetic interference. xv. to any circumstances which constitute an “Act of God” (for example, earthquake, typhoons, flash floods, etc) or which nonnally be covered by normal household insurance. xvi. to any consumables including accessories (remote control) and/or filters supplied with the product unless such items are shown to be defective when the product was first purchased by the owner or immediately thereafter must be reported within one week from the date of original purchase, failing which, no defects will be deemed to be present at the time of purchase. Midea shall have no liability or obligation of any kind with respect to or any of the foregoing types of failures. The OWNER RESPONSIBILITY list is provided to help in this regard. Please refer to the owner’s instruction manual for operation and other infonnation.
7. WHAT THE OWNER MUST PAY FOR:
7.1 The owner must pay for: i. the cost for removing the product from its installation above 2 metres high; ii. the cost of any re-installation that is above 2 metres high; iii. any cost of delivery of the product to Authorised Midea Service Centre for repair; and/or iv. any cost incurred in returning the product to the owner following the said repair.
7.2 It shall be the owner’s obligation to pay for any repairs or service costs incurred for repair of the product, for which the owner is unable to provide the original proof of purchase.
7.3 The owner must also pay for any costs associated with gaining safe access to any product installed above 2 meters high.
8. This warranty only applies to the products purchased in Australia, and only applies while such products are used in Australia. Products purchased outside Australia and failure occurring inside Australia are not covered by this warranty.
9. Midea may at its sole option replace the product without charge. However, if replacement is not commercially practical, or repair or replacement cannot be accomplished within a reasonable time, Midea may refund the purchase price of the product with due adjustment for the remaining period of this warranty. This is in full satisfaction of its warranty obligation.
10. Please note that the refund referred to in condition 9 above should be effected through the proper channels, i.e. the consumer to take up with the supplier as defined in the Australian Consumer Law (likely to be the retailer selling the product to the consumer) and for the supplier to take it up with the wholesaler/manufacturer.
Before you request a service to the product under this warranty please check the following to save money. You will have to pay for service call-out fees in relation to the product and any repair made to the product that is not related to a manufacturing defect in the product.
POWER : Check that the power plug is pushed in and the power is switched on. If there is still no power , check whether there is power at the point by using another appliance .
USER CONTROLS : Ensure that all user controls are correctly set.
INSTALLATION : Confirm that the product is correctly installed . If necessary consult with the installer.
OBSTRUCTIONS: This warranty does not cover problems caused by dirty air filters, air flow obstructions in the indoor or outdoor section of the product, leaves , dust, or foreign objects blocking vents and coils. There are important points to be kept under observation and should be checked regularly. Blocked drainage pipes can cause condensate water to leak out of the product instead of draining from it. Check in humid weather. Regular checks for and clearance of obstructions are owner ‘s responsibility.
BATTERIES : This warranty does not apply if the product is damaged by the use of exhausted , leaking or used batteries or fails to function correctly as a result of the use of such batteries.